Thursday, August 30, 2007

http://www.clemson.edu/caah/mapc/
http://www.clemson.edu

The first site I picked was the MAPC site. I was talking to Dr. Taylor the other day about maybe doing something different with it. When I first came to this site I noticed that it was difficult to navigate. You have to click a lot of different things to find what you are looking for. The hardest thing to find was the cognates. I still click on a bunch of different things trying to find it because I can never remember where it is. And the weirdest thing to me is all the pictures on the front are of random people. They are stock photos not people who are actually in the program. I feel like in a program that is so focused on design and writing our website should be amazing. We have so many talented students that it seems silly that our site looks like it does. I guess it's not horrible but it could be so much better. It's just not pretty. And the font is so little and there is so much text. I honestly didn't read much of it even when I was applying for admissions.

I also chose Clemson's site. People who weren't here before probably didn't ever see the old site, but it was pretty bad. I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw the new site. It's so much easier to navigate and it looks so much better. There is a lot more color and images on this site. They also organized things so it's easier to find what you are looking for. You can also tell that they thought about what people who are looking at the site need. At the top of the homepage is everything you use the most like webmail, mycle, sis, the a-z index. It makes it easier to get to where you want to go. If you click on Current students the first thing you is the latest inside clemson story. They want students to see the latest campus news immediately. The prospective student page has all the links you would want on the side. They are in nice looking icons too. One thing I really like about the new website is all the pictures of students and quotes from them. I like how the pictures change every time you click on it too. And the homepage always has some interesting photo about the university. Overall it's a much better looking site and much easier to navigate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home