Friday, August 31, 2007

Joshua Tree

I had one earlier today as I was driving in very slow traffic near my home in Mt. Pleasant, SC ( I went home for the weekend). There is a large new luxury housing development going up on the main drag near my house, and of course this will bring even more traffic to the area. The developer is very large, very wealthy, and basically builds anything/anywhere it wants in Mt. Pleasant, SC.

I noticed that a new sign was put up in front of the job site. The new sign had the development's name in fairly small text for a road sign and a lame looking palmetto tree as part of a logo. Underneath this logo were very large letters claiming the company to be a major contributor to a local charity. Give me a break! This company bullies the "little guy" all the time, and I am not buying their claim to be a generous practitioner of philanthropy.

So my complaint stands as not only is the sign ugly, it is also insulting to everyone who opposed its approval by our town government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home