Thursday, August 30, 2007

Joshua Tree Moment

While I cringe at the mere thought of the Barton and Barton reading, it reminded me of a Joshua Tree moment I'd experienced recently. Specifically, three weeks ago, I was a worried out-of-state student who feared getting lost on the Clemson campus. I only had the memory of the abbreviated happy parents/naive freshmen tour I'd taken earlier this year and three completely different maps to rely on for directions. The tour was useless, so I chose the map strategy.

I couldn't figure out why the one map that made the most sense to me had foliage covering most of the places where the buildings were supposed to be. It wasn't until I compiled information from all three maps did I understand where the various locations were. The Barton and Barton text called this method the Synchronic Perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home