Thursday, August 30, 2007

2 URL's

http://www.clemson.edu/caah/mapc/
http://www.facebook.com

I selected the first sight, because I agree that it has a number of problems, many of which have already been articulated in earlier posts. Specifically I feel as though it has a "boring vibe" (which I realize is far from a technical term), largely because of the large amount of text and difficulty in navigation. I really feel as though it should contain more testimonials from students in the program, and a better description of what it means to be a part of the MAPC family. The site gives a good amount of facts about the program (classes, requirements, etc.), but does very little to make it seem like fun and a good program to be a part of.

The facebook selection I realize might seem odd. However, anyone who frequents the site knows that in the last six months or so it has exploded with applications of all sorts including random quote generators, e-gifts and the like. I think this is an example of facebook trying to hard to be innovative and it shows in the aesthetic appeal of the site. It now lacks balance and relevant information is increasingly more difficult to locate because of all the excess content.

1 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger michael hovan said...

I concur!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home