Wednesday, September 26, 2007

3 Posts and Question Continued

1. I never knew that French spacing existed. I thought that it was standard procedure for everyone to add two spaces behind period marks. I find it hard to believe that many people, myself included, still abide by "typewriter" rules and do not use one. Only now that I'm thinking about it am I trying not to hit the space bar twice.

2. Note to self: A hyphen is a short horizontal bar used to indicate breaks in words at the ends of lines. An en-dash is slightly longer than a hyphen and is used as a separator between multiple compound words and number. An em-dash is the longest of horizontal cap height line marks and is used for sudden breaks in dialogue.

3. The Maitra and Goswami reading suggests there are three types of protocol regarding data collection:
- Reader protocols: prompts readers to think aloud and express their thoughts during an exercise
- Co-discovery protocols: aid individual readers with problems of vocalizing responses
- Active intervention protocols: involves readers skipping certain sets of pages or being unfamiliar with the process

Question: I still do not quite understand the "x-height" concept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home