Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Krug - 3 pts and Q

1.) Why tabs are awesome: they’re self-evident (everyone knows what tabs are); they’re hard to miss (they are more obvious than buttons as navigation); they’re slick (tabs add polish and are useful).
2.) The trunk test (questions you should be able to answer about a site very, very quickly)
What site is this?
What page am I on?
What are the major sections of the site?
What are my options at this level?
Where am I in the scheme of things?
How can I search?
3.) Remember that conventions are your friend and are very useful as signposts. Designers should resist the urge to “reinvent the wheel” when it comes to conventions.

Do you think the phrase “don’t make me think” creates a negative image of the user as unintelligent rather than pressed for time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home