Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fashion from an Unfashionable Guy

There is one product on the market that “broke” me, but seems to have “made” it’s message for so many others (particularly in the Clemson area- I have found). In this case the product is the visual message and, for me, that message is, “if you are going to wear Crocks you are going to look a bit odd in the foot region. They look like a cross between bright rubber clogs and Swiss cheese shoes. Crocks are, in my opinion, the ugliest piece of footwear that I have ever seen, next to what the Spice Girls used to wear. I would never buy them. I’d don’t consider myself by any means a fashion sensible guy, but I do have my limits. My mother and father have a pair of Crocks. My sister and girlfriend own at least on pair each. They all say the same thing, “They look ugly, but they are so comfortable.” This is a case where form falls way short of function. Of course, this is my opinion. Seeing Crocks was enough for me not to ever want to buy them. Crocks broke me…they broke me bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home