Friday, September 14, 2007

That's awful...

My vote is for http://havenworks.com. Thanks for the explanation for what it is Susan because I would have immediately redirected myself the moment I laid eyes on the page. I think it would almost be easier to discuss what this page did correctly, but then I would have nothing to say. The other websites at least have some white space on the page so that your eye is not constantly scanning. This one however is completely filled to the brim. There is text everywhere, and it is so jumbled it looks incomprehensible. One of my biggest pet peeves with websites if giving the user too many options. This is absolutely ridiculous. I think you could probably spend the better part of a life time trying to navigate what looks to be the home page.

There is no distinct focal point for the eye, and the title itself is difficult to spot. The color scheme makes no sense and offers the user no visual cues as to navigation or usability. The page scrolls on forever and ever. Most users do not even bother to look below the fold, I would bet a lot of money to guess that no one has ever read everything listed on this one page (and that is excluding the million of link options that are available).

Lastly there is no coherency. The fonts are different throughout, the old style font is used for links and sans serif fonts are used for text and it should be the other way around. The rule of proximity must be a foreign concept, and the contrasts are so great that they're distracting and unattractive to the viewer. This person completely missed the boat in understanding how a website is suppose to the function and designed this with no audience in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home