Monday, August 27, 2007

When I saw this question about when a visual image made or broke a message for me the first thing I thought of was those commercial for the headache medicine called Head On. The product is supposed to relieve your headache by just rubbing it on your forehead. Well the commercial is really annoying and they say “just apply directly to the forehead” over and over. It was definitely one of the most annoying commercials I had seen on TV.

But then a few months later I saw another commercial for this same product. A girl was making fun of the commercial by reenacting it sarcastically. Then she said “I hate your commercials Head On… but I love your product.” I thought that was a really clever way of remedying the problem. I assume they got a lot of negative response to the commercial and they chose to make fun of themselves. It definitely surprised me, and I think I would be more likely to try their product after the second commercial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home